Archives of Joubert Singers' previous concerts
The Joubert Singers at the chapel of St Joseph's College, Christmas 2007.
Photo: Torunn Momtazi www.torunnphotographs.com
|"Rejoice" Concert poster for Christmas 2008
||"Lux Aeterna" concert featuring Faure's Requiem
- This year Joubert was again the resident choir for In Harmony Day, which was held in Parramatta on the weekend of 21st - 22nd March. The final concert was held at the Riverside Studios, and featured the premiere of a work by Matthew Orlovic specially commisioned for In Harmony.
The Christmas concert in 2008 "Rejoice" featured Charpentier's Midnight Mass and excerpts from the Messiah, as well as Mozart's beautiful Flute & Harp Concerto and of course a selection of carols. The concert was staged in conjunction with Orchestra 143 at St. Johns church, Gordon on Sunday 7th December and at St. Joseph's College chapel, Hunters Hill on Tuesday 16th December, 2009. More details of the concert can be seen here.
- Joubert's major work for 2008 was a performance of the Faure Requiem in conjunction with the All Saints Church choir in a concert titled "Lux Aeterna" . This was performed at St. John's Church, Gordon on 19th October and at All Saints, Hunters Hill on 2nd November, which also celebrated 120 years of the All Saints parish.
- On 29th March, Joubert hosted an innovative workshop/performance day at North Ryde Community Centre - In Harmony Day. Participating choirs were: Sydney New Philharmonic Choir, Ad Musicam, Nordic Voices, Inner West Chamber Choir, and the Deaf Heal'f Choir of Macarthur. An additional 70 independent choristers joined in the day. All choirs learned one item from the others' repertoire, and performed both individually and as an ensemble during the evening concert.
- Our concert "Northern Exposure " on 26th August commemorated the 100th anniversaryof the death of Edvard Grieg. Present was the Ambassador for Norway and other distinguished guests, and a near-capacity audience at St Joseph's Hunters Hill.
- The choir performed a concert of Nordic music as a prelude to the screening of the hit film, As it is in Heaven, at the Orpheum Picture Palace in Cremorne on 19th August. The performance was videoed and is being sent to the film's director in Sweden.
- We sang with Hunters Hill community choirs, professional soloists, and Orchestra 143 at All Saints in Hunters Hill on 1st April. The performance was of the selected Easter parts of Handels Messiah, and it was a sell-out concert.
- Our Christmas concert had a French theme, with the feature work being the Saint Saens Christmas Oratorio, and the beautifully mysterious "O Magnum Mysterium" by Poulen
- The Joubert Singers participated in recording the soundtrack for the new George Miller animated film Happy Feet
- We sang four modern Australian Bush Songs by Ian Grandage a capella in the Sydney Opera House
- We joined visiting US choirs in the Opera House to sing performances of the Bernstein Chichester Psalms and the Gloria from Misa Azteca by Joseph Julin Gonzalez, who was present for the performance
- We gave our usual winter concert in the chapel of St Jospehs College, featuring the Mozart Sparrow Mass and Regina Coeli.